Senior Business Consultant
Employment type: Fulltime/permanent
Location: Ottawa, Toronto or New York
Job ID: 521
**Apply below or send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The Senior Business Consultant is a business savvy individual with expert-level knowledge of the BSS/OSS industry. This is a front line sales position for someone possessing in-depth knowledge of enterprise sales and a sharp 6th sense for knowing the right next move. The Senior Business Consultant must possess multi-faceted soft skills in the realms of leadership, consulting, strategic thinking, planning, and communication/presentation. The Senior Business Consultant will be in charge of producing formal sales plans, proposals for opportunities, working with the Technical Resource to strategize technical plans for key accounts, and will participate in CxO level discussions. This individual will act as a high-end consultant; gathering customer business requirements and priorities, developing trust within the client organization, and expressing the functional capabilities of our company in order to close opportunities. Working closely alongside the rest of our sales team, the Senior Business Consultant will report directly to our Vice President of Marketing and Sales.
- Drive the sales process from start to finish.
- Accurately capture customer business requirements and use cases by working closely with the our Technical Resources.
- Ensure that a solution that enables the customer to efficiently achieve their goals is developed.
- Work with the Technical Resource to effectively manage the solutions mapping between all customer use cases and our modules.
- Participate with the Technical Resource in the product demonstrations to support customer use cases and requirements.
- Be able to create, present, and collaborate on commercial proposals to close deals.
- Record contacts and sales activity in CRM to support account development and business forecasting.
- 10 or more years of experience selling high-value, cloud-based enterprise software solutions.
- History of success managing long and complex sales cycles to win new accounts.
- Proven ability to quickly establish and build relationships through all levels of an organization from technical to executive, and fully understand business needs from those different perspectives.
- Aptitude to provide a compelling product demonstration that bridges customer business goals and our product features, complementing the Technical Resource.
- Ability to efficiently track documentation and accurately communicate specific customer requirements to internal stakeholders.
- Highly organized and skilled in the use of CRMs to manage team sales activities.
- In-depth understanding of BSS/OSS industry solutions (billing, rating, provisioning, asset management, etc.) would be an asset.
- Experience working with or selling to telecommunication service providers and/or utility providers would be an asset.