SENIOR DATA ENGINEER
Employment Type: Fulltime/permanent
Job ID: 512
**Apply below or send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Insights team is a highly experienced group with a mandate to solve pressing issues within the company such as: pricing optimization, customer lifetime valuation, fraud detection, and so on. As a Senior Data Engineer you will be the team’s biggest force multiplier, dramatically improving the systems upon which our data scientists and analysts depend. In addition, you will be the principal architect for new infrastructure that will soon be necessary such as: production machine learning systems, real-time sensor data warehousing, and more that will come up as the business evolves!
- Champion best practices in data modeling and warehousing for both operational and analytical databases.
- Architect, build, and maintain scalable ETL processes.
- Assess our tracking infrastructure for current and potential data quality issues and provide solutions.
- Research and develop a scalable framework for connecting output from the team’s various predictive models to other systems within the company.
- Work with Engineering to develop infrastructure for analyzing and responding to real-time sensor data, while also making it possible to mine large batches using more sophisticated techniques
- 5+ years of experience with dimensional data modeling & schema design.
- 2+ years of Python or similar development experience.
- 2+ years of SQL experience.
- 2+ years of experience in building/maintaining ETL processes from end-to-end.
- Strong understanding of different storage architectures and their appropriate application.
- Ability to approach new problems with both strong fundamentals and lateral thinking.
- Ability to explain complex issues in technical and non-technical terms.
- A commitment to writing understandable, maintainable, and reusable software.
Great work deserves great perks!
- Be part of a well-funded, proven startup with big ambitions, competitive salary and company equity.
- Access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage.
- We’ll provide the digital toolset and whatever else that you need to do your best work.
- Company-funded travel to conferences & professional development events.
- Fun work environment and company culture with an upbeat, first-class team.